When we are talking about the computer performance, we couldn’t miss the hard drive since it determines the speed of the processing data. As the popularity of Microsoft Windows, more and more Windows users are familiar with it. From its name, you can see it’s a utility tool to manage your system disks, both local and remote.It provides a much easier way to get a quick overview of the system and installed disks comparing to the original command prompt utilities. We could use to solve the most common operation with a hard disk, such as create partitions, delete partitions, format partitions and so on.
However, if you are looking for more other powerful and urgent partitioning feature or disk operations, you will see the limitations of Windows own disk management. As for other partition software, they are total strange things not even know how to use them. A good partition software could provide versatile functions to manage hard disk and partition, not only the simple partition features. AOMEI Partition Assistant is such a partition software for Windows users. It provides not only the basic standard feature but also provides various useful utilities.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is a free disk partition software which has gained a good reputation. It provides all-in-one partition software and hard drive protection for PCs and Laptops. It supports Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista and XP (all editions, 32/64-bit).
Main Features of AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard
Here we downloaded the AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard 6.6 version for test and the main interface is like the following screenshot. We will check all the features based on top of the interface, for disk, for partition, and for wizards. We list some main features according to the partition operations, disk operations and wizard operations.
- Resize Partition and Move Partition: Accurately increase partition size or decrease partition size. For example, you can easily to shrink unallocated space from the large partition with free space and extend the low disk space problem with just few clicks;
- Merge Partitions: This feature let you merge two adjacent partitions into one or to combine any unallocated space to any existing partition to make your computer running smoothly;
- Split Partitions: Using this function, you can divide the single partition into two or more partitions to keep your sorted data.With the help of it, you could quick partition one hard drive into several partitions.;
- Partition Copy: Partition copy could backup all your data on the drive include recoverable data which means the data that have been deleted or formatted maybe by mistake or virus affection, etc.
- Create, Delete and Format Partition: If your disk has an unallocated space, you can right-click it to make new partition; if there is not any unallocated space on your disk, with the software, you can still get the free space from the existing partition to create the new partition; one-click to delete all partitions on a disk and wipe all data; quickly format and change cluster size of file system;
- Change Labels: Partition label is an optional name assigned to a partition for easier recognition of your partitions. For example, one could be called WinXP which represent a partition with an OS, Games which represent a pastime partition, etc.
- Wipe Partition: Any existing partition can be erased permanently. Ensure that the data can not be recovered by any data recovery solution. This function can prevent undesired recovery of your deleted data.
- Disk Copy: Disk copy could assist you to copy all the information include recoverable data from old disk to new disk easily.
- Surface Test: This feature could let you perform a scan on the hard drive to looking for bad sectors. When a hard drive is manufactured, it usually contains some bad sectors. Over time, more can develop. And if data stored in this area it could be corrupt or lost, so to check the bad sector is needed.
- Rebuild MBR: Rebuild MBR could fix the corrupt Master Boot Record, let computer boot correctly. It may help you solve the problem like “operating system not found” or blank screen.
- Delete all Partitions: The feature will delete all partition on a disk, and you also wipe all data on the disk to ensure that the data can not be recovered by any data recovery solution.
- Covert MBR/GPT: This feature could help you convert a disk with data into GPT or MBR style without data loss.
- Wipe Hard Drive: Wipe hard drive will delete all partitions and erase the data completely to ensure the data can not be recovered by any data recovery solution. This function can prevent undesired recovery of your deleted data.
If you would like to consider a third-party free partition software beyond Windows disk management, we recommend AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. The intuitive user interface with the easiest operation makes it an excellent program. AOMEI Partition Assistant embeds sector-level data protection technology. It’s an ideal choice to solve the various problem of your disk partition.